Eurécia allows to synthesize in in a grid, the variable payroll elements needed for the payroll.
This grid recovers all the information presents in Eurécia as the salary, benefits, overtime hours, etc
Some of the elements can be entered according to their value for the month. Then, they are archived in 'Employee record'. This grid is exportable to excel format.
Who is concerned by this article ?
The administrator of Eurécia platform as responsible of the configuration.
Create a monthly grid of variable payroll elements
Access : Payroll > Variable payroll input
- Click on 'New input sheet'
- Enter a description (for example: month/year)
- Select the grid model you want in the menu 'Template'
- Select a department and/or structure (optional) to limit the employees in the grid
- Define the period start and the period end date, normally from 1st to 31th
- Check 'Submit for approval' to be able to approve the grid once you have finish to complete it.
- Save for the grid to be ready to be used.
How to generate the variable payroll elements grid?
On the new grid, in 'Payroll data': all the data displayed (except leave and absence data, expenses and overtime hours flagged) are refreshed anytime you open the grid. Data to regularized are calculated on the basis of information filled-in within the 12-month limit.
- Select in the last column the status of the employee (optional): allows you to inform the person who will be using the grid that a special treatment must be applied to this employee (e.g.: new employee, current departure, etc.)
- Enter the data of the month in the columns that corresponds to the data of 'Employee record' (optional): allows to enter to enter the elements of the 'Employee record' that are only available for the period of the grid such as bonuses, benefits ... Saving the grid creates automatically the elements in the employee records of concerned employees
- Click on 'Flag data': to flag data allows to fix data on the grid:
- leave and absences requests (from the Staff leave and absences module)
- overtime hours (from the Time and activities module)
- meal vouchers (absences from Staff leave and absences and expenses from Expense reports module)
- Go to 'General' Tab
- Click on 'Approve': approving the grid allows to cut all the links between the grid and:
- The 'Employee file' (salary, benefits, etc.)
- The 'Employee record' (HR Portal module)
- Enter the elements in the grid that don't have to be in the employee record (optional)
The links between the grid of variable payroll elements and the employee record
As longs as the VPE grid is not approved, each time you open it, Eurécia reads in the 'Employee record' the fields that corresponds to the grid period and update the values. It takes into account the modifications realized in the 'Employee record' for the period of the VPE grid.
If the value has been modified in the VPE grid and that the grid has been saved, the element of 'Employee record' is updated. Then a new event is added to the employee record and it starts at the date of the grid and doesn't have an end period.
In the elements of 'Employee record' some fields have a different attitude.
For the following elements, when a value has been modified in the VPE grid, Eurécia creates un new element in the employee and updates the employee file:
- Hourly cost
- Daily cost
- Hourly sales rate
- Daily rate
- Activity rate
- Job title
- Contract start date
- Contract end date
For the bonuses, when they are entered in the employee record, they are synchronized with the VPE grid thanks to their name, to their category and their dates. Bonuses can be entered in 'Employee record' or in the VPE grid.
For a bonus that have been entered in 'Employee record' if the field of the VPE grid has the same name and the same category and that the dates of the grid and the dates of 'bonus' element intersect, Eurécia realizes automatically a link between them and the bonus will appear in the VPE grid.
Bonuses entered in the employee record are the following:
Bonus 1 exceptional of 500€ from date 01/05 to 31/05
Bonus 2 exceptional of 600€ from date 01/06 to 30/06
Bonus 3 annual of 700€ from date 01/03 and doesn't have and end date
In the grid of April (from 01/04 to 30/04) : the bonus 3 will be in the VPE grid
In the grid of May (from 01/05 to 31/05) : bonuses 1 and 3 will be in the VPE grid
In the grid of June (from 01/06 to 30/06) : bonuses 1 and 3 will be in the VPE grid
In the grid of May-June (from 01/05 to 30/06) : bonuses 1, 2 and 3 will be in the VPE grid
When a bonus has been modified in a VPE grid and that the bonus is synchronized with the employee record:
- If the bonus period do not correspond to the grid period, Eurécia fixes the end date of the bonus to the day before the beginning of the grid and creates a new bonus with the dates of the grid
- If the bonus period corresponds to the grid period, you just need to modify the amount
The links between the grid of variable payroll elements and the employee file (excluding employee record)
Values of the employee file are automatically in the VPE grid (if associated fields has been configured). For example : contract start date, contract end date, advantages, etc.
Each time the grid is opened, the data from the employee file are refreshed. Then, it is not possible to enter the data in the grid during this step.
If some data comes from the employee record (salary, qualification, coefficient, Activity rate, Job title, Contract start date, Contract end date, Hourly cost, Daily cost, Hourly sales rate, Daily rate) when their value is modified in the VPE grid, Eurécia creates a new event in the employee record and update the employee file.
After the approval of the grid, it is possible to enter variations of those elements directly in the grid.
Keywords associate to this article :
Variable payroll elements - employee file - VPE - fields - category - employee record -