You want to create or edit an absence type, you can follow the process below!
Who is concerned by this article?
The administrator as responsible of Eurécia configuration.
Create or edit an absence type
Access : Admin Area > Staff leave and absences > Staff leave types > Open
- Click on 'New absence type' or open an existing one.
Fill in the form with the essential information about:
- Calendar color: allows to associate at this staff leave type a color.
- Active: allows to activate or deactivate this staff leave type. (Caution: deactivate also means deleting the history of absences)
- Code: allows you to link to the import file (Super administrator)
- Calendar code: letters that appear in the calendar the day of the absence (example: Paid leave = PL)
- Code font color: allows to associate at this staff leave type a code font color.
- Descriptions: allows to fill in a name for this staff leave type.
- Period management: allows you to create a tracker for this type of absence which can then be filled automatically or manually;
- This applies for example for Paid Leave, Time in lieu...
- In other cases such as Illness type of leave, it is not necessary to check 'Period management'
- Last day of period: choose the days and months of the end of the acquisition period
- : allows to define a difference in year(s) between the accumulation and the taking of leave. This difference is almost exclusively used for the management of French paid holidays.
- Deduction in: Allows to define the calculation rule of days to deduct for this absence: hours, standard working days, non-standard working days, calendar days
- Include non-working days: Activate this to extend the absence period until the day before going back to work, days not worked included in the absence. No incidence on number of days requested.
- Staff leave entitlements : allows to active and configure the tracker. If it is checked, a menu appears
- Staff leave authorized x days after end of statutory period: allows you to extend the time after the end of the period to request absences
- No. of negative days authorized : allows employees to request temporary more days that they have in their trackers.
- Accrual mode
- Month : the tracker is incremented every month
- Week: the tracker is incremented every week
- Pro-rata calculation method for staff leave : defines the calculation method of leave's pro-rata to an employee that arrives during the month
- Define the number of days accrued monthly or weekly, it is possible to fix this date and the number of days accrued, if no incrementation is programmed, it is possible to manually supply the tracker
- Check reset accrual : allows to restart the tracker to 0 before the new incrementation
- : defines the minimum period for an absence
- Absence by time slot: allows to define the time slot for an absence: (for example: if it is 0.5, you can request 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2,5... if it is 1 you can request 1, 2, 3... ; if it is 5 you can request 5, 10, 15 ...)
- : defines the maximum number of leaves authorized for a period (if there is no information here, there is no limit)
- Maximum number of days authorized for a request : allows to limit the number of consecutive days for this absence
- Renunciation to splitting : if you enable this option, when an employee will request a leave, a message will appear warning him that he renounces to split days
- Restrict the lifespan of entitlements to less than one year
- Entitlements lifespan
- In Standard working days or calendar days
- Lifespan start date for transfer of overtime
- : allows to automatically approve the request X days before leaving in case of this absence still hasn't been approved.
- : require the user to respect a delay of X days between the request and the start date of the leave. This notice has an impact:
- Yes : the user is noticed and he can't submit for approval his request
- No : the user is noticed but can submit for approval his absence, but the approval manager will have a message displayed
- : allows to submit for approval this absence type if there is a manager in the approval cycle
- : allows the employee to request cancellation of an absence already approved
- : allows to notify a person when an absence is approved or cancelled
- Removes the entitlement to a meal voucher. If this is activated, 'For any absences of less than (number of days)' appears
- Authorize entitlement to a meal voucher
- No impact
- : allows to consider seniority of the employee in the trackers
- Add days to : select the tracker in which you add seniority days
- Add days accrued as of:
- 'Fixed' for example 1st of June
- 'Hire date anniversary'
- In the table, create as many lines that there are seniority years
Fixed day rate
- 'Count as' : allows to define the accrual mode of the absence in the time sheets :
- Absence without management of half-days : the absence is counted as an absence, regardless of whether it is 1 day or 0.5 days, the entire day is deducted
- Absence with management of half-days : the absence is counted as an absence, but if 0.5 days is requested it will deduct 0.5 days
- One day of attendance : absence is counted as worked
- : allows to restrict the absence request for some user profiles when the configuration is activated
To authorize a user profile to request absence when this is activated, please contact the Assistance Service.
- : allows the software to request an absence certificate:
- No check : certificate is no mandatory
- Allowed (with warning) :the user can request the absence and submit it for approval, but the manager will receive a notification saying there is no certificate attached
No allowed : He can't request this absence with no certificate
- : allows to make the absence reason anonymous for employees, managers will have access to it
- : allows leave balance to be displayed when requesting a leave
- Display employee comment in calendar : allows to display in the calendar the comment
- Do not display tracker for this absence type: used for absence types like illness, unpaid leaves
- Deduct from planned working time and Include in overtime calculation
Time & Activities
- : check it if you want this absence to appear in the timesheets
- Overtime management: allows to define this absence type in the target tracker to transfer overtime hours
- Prevent input of expenses if absent for full day: the user won't be able to create an expense report for this type of leave for a complete day
Export to payroll : allows to consider this absence type in the excel file for payroll export
It is also possible to link this absence type to a leave profile from:
Access : Admin Area > Staff leave and absences > Staff leave profiles
- Click on a staff leave profile
- In 'Staff leave and absence types' add the absence
Keywords associated to this article :
Absence type - staff leave and absences - edit - staff leave profiles
Article is closed for comments.