The arrival of a new employee requires a number of tasks to be performed by several persons. Those tasks can be defined in the Onboarding feature of HR Portal Module.
Who is concerned by this article?
All users that have HR Portal Module and those who have the right to create a new user (Admin and manager).
The different steps of creating a user
Access: Admin Area > General Settings > Employee and users > Open
- Click on '+ New employee/user'
- The user creation wizard opens.
Step 1 : Define the creation type
- Check 'Manage onboarding' if you want to set up 'Onboarding'
- Create the user from :
- An empty user record: allows you to start from a blank employee record.
- An existing user: allows you to transfer some information from another employee's record (in the event of replacement, position duplication, etc.)
- Modules to activate : check the modules the user is going to use.
- Click on 'next' to continue.
Step 2 : Prerequisites
- Generalities :
- Choose the 'User profile'
- Choose the 'workshift' (it is possible to create a new one, specially for this employee by clicking on 'new')
- Staff leave & absences management : choose the staff leave/absence profile
- Expense reports : assign a expense report profiles to the employee.
- Then, click on 'Next'.
The user profile to be filled in must be the profile that the employee will have after being hired. Eurécia will automatically assign him an 'Onboarding' profile as long as his hiring date is later than the current date.
Step 3 : Future employee
- Fill in the personal date of the new employee.
- Fill in a 'Contract start date'
- Enter the email address of the new employee.
The email address you filled in will be the ID of the employee to log in to the platform.
Future employee will be visible in the Staff leave Calendar depending of predefined visibilities.
Step 4 : Welcome email (if you activated 'Onboarding')
- check 'Welcome email' to send a welcoming email to the employee before his arrival.
- Fill in the Personal email address.
- You can customize the message.
- Once everything is filled in, click on 'Next'
This action won't send the email to the employee yet.
Do not edit the link in the message content, the future employee needs it to access to his Onboarding Area.
Step 5 : Checklist
The following step allows to define the checklist.
The tasks defined during Onboarding of the previous hiring are automatically reassigned. You can modify this list to adapt it if necessary.
For each task, you can enter the information as below:
Once you defined all the tasks:
- Click on 'Start Onboarding and close' to send the welcoming email and the emails to the tasks responsible.
- Or, click on "Complete the user record" to finalize the record.
The welcoming email and the tasks email will be sent once you will click on 'start onboarding and close'.
Responsible will be able to flag tasks as 'Done!' from the email they received.
Step 6 : Complete the user record
If you do not start the onboarding from Step 5, you can, in Step 6, complete the record of your employee.
Where can I find the tasks I have scheduled?
You can find the progress of the tasks from the record of the new employee, by clicking in 'Onboarding' in the employee record.
You can update the checklist by putting the task from 'to do' to 'in progress' or to 'Done!', you can also add some tasks or delete useless tasks directly from this page.
Keywords associated to this article :
Onboarding - arrival - tasks - configuration - new employee - hiring date - planning - integration
Article is closed for comments.