In Eurécia, each employee has a staff leave profile that defines which defines which types of absences he is entitled to.
An employee changes his work schedule, professional status, collective agreement?
An employee changes from part-time to full-time or inversely?
Who is concerned by this article ?
Administrators of Eurécia.
How to change an employee's staff leave/absence profile?
An employee changes of staff leave/absence profile? Two possibilities :
- Some types remains the same (example: paid leaves) : Eurécia transfer them automatically.
- Some types changes : Eurécia put the trackers that are not in the new staff leave/absence profile in 'inactive'; you need to reassign entitlements to the new tracker.
Change the staff leave/absence profile
Access : Admin Area > Staff leave and absences > Staff leave types
- Click on Admin Area and then Staff leave and absences
- Go to 'Staff leave types' and click on 'Open'
Identify differences in staff leave types between the old and new staff leave/absence profiles
Access : Admin Area > General Settings > Employees and users> Open the employee record> 'Rules' Tab
- Click on 'Admin Area' then 'General settings'
- Go to 'Employees and users' and click on 'Open'
- Open the record of the employee concerned and go to 'Rules' Tab.
In 'Staff leave & absence management' change the staff leave/absence profile, it makes 'inactive' the trackers that are not present in the new profile.
Cancel future absences
Access : Staff leave and absences > Manager View > Request approval
- Go to staff leave and absences module, then Manager view
- Click on 'Request approval'
Select the concerned employee
- The absence type that does not exist in the new profile.
- Status 'All' to display all the requests.
- The date of the day in 'Start' to display future absences
- In 'Actions' check 'Select all the elements' and then click on 'cancel' to cancel futures absences. Check 'Do not send notification' if you do not want the employee to receive an email and then click on 'confirm'.
Those requests will have to be requested again.
Transfer the balances to the new tracker.
Access : Staff leave and absences > Manager View > Team trackers
- Go to Staff leave and absences module then Manager view
- Go to 'team trackers'
In the filter zone, select the employee concerned:
- The absence type that does not exist in the new staff leave/absence profile.
- In 'Trackers' select 'All' to display both inactive and active trackers.
- Inactive trackers appear, if there is still a balance of more than 0 on one of these trackers, copy it
- In 'Copy of the tracker':
- Check that is the employee concerned.
- In absence type, select the new absence type that will be credited, to allow the employee to to take 'accrued days'
- Add a adjustment comment
- Control and edit the remaining entitlements to be accrued of the new tracker and save.
Reset the old trackers to zero
Reset the balance of the old trackers to "0", even if they are 'inactive' :
- Open the old tracker
- Edit the 'days taken' in order to be equal to accrued days. The balance (accrued- taken' will be equal to 0.
- Add a adjustment comment and save the tracker.
Recreate the requests on the new tracker.
Access : Staff leave and absences> Manager view > Request approval
- Display the cancelled leaves in the future and filter on:
- The concerned employee
- The inactive absence type
- Status 'All' (to display absences requests previously cancelled)
- Enter the date of the day in 'Start' column
Duplicate requests that had been cancelled to recreate them more easily and without the risk of error in copying:
- In each duplicated absence, edit the absence type in order to choose the new one or any other absence type in which the employee has days left.
- Check 'Do not send email notification' if you do not want your employee to receive an email.
- Depending the initial status of the request, click on 'Approve' or 'Submit for approval' or simply 'Save' if it is a provisional request.
You need to repeat the step 'Recreate the requests on the new tracker' for each absence type that is not in the new staff leave/absence profile.
If several years of trackers are to be kept, the steps "Transfer balances to new counters" and "Reset old trackers to zero" must be repeated.
Keywords associated to this article :
Staff leave/absence profile - employee - team trackers - absences types - leave requests