An approval manager is absent or he/she does not have time enough to approve the employees' requests?
Eurécia gives you the possibility to configure a delegation in the event of a temporary or permanent absence of an approval manager,
The delegation must be configured on the record of the approval manager, who will be unavailable to approve or reject requests from his subordinates.
Who is concerned by this article?
Administrators and managers of Eurécia platform.
How install a delegation in the event of absence?
Access : Admin Area > General settings > Employees and users > Open the employee record > Preferences > Delegated requests
- Click on Admin Area in the main menu
- In General settings go to Employee and users and click on Open
- Open the employee record of the approval manager you have to replace.
- Click on Preferences and go to Delegated in the event of absence
Process of setting up a delegation :
- The delegation can be configured in a different way depending on the type of the request or for all requests, for all modules: select the delegation you want to set up.
- "Delegation in the event of absence" : select the name of the person who will be in charge to approve requests during the approval manager absence.
- "Temporary delegation" : Select the name of the person who will be in charge to approve requests during the approval manager absence. Define the delegation type 'from/to' or 'Permanent' and fill in the dates.
The delegation only works for submitted for approval requests during the approval manager absence.
For example: the approval manager is absent from 01/07 to 15/07, delegation starts the 01/07 and ends the 15/07 included.
A request submitted for approval for the 30/06 won't be send to the delegate, while a request submitted for approval between 01/07 and 15/07 will be forwarded to the delegate and to the approval manager.
Therefore, a request that has not been forwarded to the delegate cannot be validated.
The approval manager has to make sure to process all requests that are in progress before leaving his/her position, otherwise requests will have to wait for him/her to comeback.
If a manager is the delegate in the event of absence of his/her manager, he will also be able to approve his/her own requests. If you want the absent approval manager to receive a notification, you will have to configure it.
Keywords associated to this article:
Delegation - employees - request - approval - leave and absences - delegate - leaves- manager