You want to modify an employee's work shift and keep a history of the employee's successive work shifts.
Who is concerned by this article?
Administrators of Eurécia software.
A work shift can be assigned to several employees.
If a work shift is directly edited, it will be edited for all the employees that have this work shift. It is recommended to verify, before any modification, the impact that these changes will have on the employees concerned or even to create a work shift to assign it to the people who have to change it.
How to create or identify a new work shift?
Access: Admin Area > Work shift calendars
- Click on Admin Area then go on work shift calendars and open
Access : Admin Area >Employees and users
- Click on Admin Area and then on Employees and users and open
Go on the employee file, and in "Position" Tab, in Working days, you will see the work shift highlighted.
By clicking on the link, you have access to the work shift of the employee.
How to assign the new work shift to the employee?
Access : Admin Area > General settings > Employees and users
- Click on 'Admin Area', 'General settings' then go to 'Employees and Users'
- Open the employee record.
In 'Position' Tab, "Working days", in Work shift
- Click on '+' (Add a work shift): a new line is created
- In the menu of work shifts, select the new work shift,
- Fill in the start date of the new work shift, Eurécia applies automatically to the previous work shift an end date corresponding to the day before the start date of the new work shift.
You also have to edit the activity rate of the employee, especially if it changes from a full-time to a part-time work shift or inversely.
If the employee's work shift changes, it may also be necessary to update the number of days not worked to be deducted in the leave tracker.
Check the leave trackers of the employee and modify them manually, if necessary.
The employee may also have to change his/her holiday profile as a result of this change in the work shift.
If some leave has been requested on the period of the new work shift,they should be cancelled and requested again in order to maintain a coherent calculation.
Keywords associated to this article:
Work shift - holiday profile - employee file - employee - tracker - modification