An approval manager is absent or he/she does not have time enough to approve the employees' requests?
Eurécia gives you the possibility to configure a delegation in the event of a temporary or permanent absence of an approval manager,
The delegation must be configured on the record of the approval manager, who will be unavailable to approve or reject requests from his subordinates.
Who is concerned by this article?
Administrators and managers of Eurécia platform.
If a manager is the delegate in the event of absence of his/her manager, he will also be able to approve his/her own requests. If you want the absent approval manager to receive a notification, you will have to configure it.
Install a delegation in the event of absence
Access : Admin Area > General settings > Employees and users > Open the employee record > Preferences > Delegated requests
- Click on Admin Area in the main menu
- In General settings go to Employee and users and click on Open
- Open the employee record of the approval manager you have to replace.
- Click on Preferences and go to Delegated in the event of absence
- The delegation can be configured in a different way depending on the type of the request or for all requests, for all modules: select the delegation you want to set up.
- "Delegation in the event of absence" : select the name of the person who will be in charge to approve requests during the approval manager absence.
- "Temporary delegation" : Select the name of the person who will be in charge to approve requests during the approval manager absence. Define the delegation type 'from/to' or 'Permanent' and fill in the dates.
The delegation only works for submitted for approval requests during the approval manager absence.
For example: the approval manager is absent from 01/07 to 15/07, delegation starts the 01/07 and ends the 15/07 included.A request submitted for approval for the 30/06 won't be send to the delegate, while a request submitted for approval between 01/07 and 15/07 will be forwarded to the delegate and to the approval manager.
The approval manager has to make sure to process all requests that are in progress before leaving his/her position, otherwise requests will have to wait for him/her to comeback.
Tips and tricks
- Temporary delegation has a priority on delegation in the event of absence.
- If there is a delegation by module and a configure delegation on "all modules", both delegations will be considered.
- If an approval manager has a delegation and that his/her delegate also have a delegation, the person in charge of approval will be the last delegate found, by inheritance, by the application.
- If there is one or more delegations, all actors (approval managers or delegates) receive the notification by email.
- Delegation is not retroactive, it is considered at the time of submission for approval (or intermediate approval). If the delegation is defined after the submission for approval, the delegate will not be informed. It will require the administrator's intervention to put the request to "New" in order to make it take this new approval cycle or to approve this request directly.
- Delegations do not work for Expense Reports reimbursement.
- Delegations do not work for report criteria approvals.
Keywords associated to this article:
Delegation - employees - request - approval - leave and absences - delegate - leaves- manager
Article is closed for comments.